- If you need a referral and have not been seen at the office, you need to schedule an appointment prior to being seen by the specialist.
- We cannot backdate referrals for any reason - it is against Insurance Policy.
- You need to be aware of how many visits you have on your referral and when they expire.
- Inquire with the practice if the specialist can get a referral via NAVINET or their internet provider.
- Do to new HIPAA laws, we are no longer able to fax referrals - it is your responsibility to make sure all the paperwork is done in a timely manner.
- You will be asked to pick up your referral if your specialist cannot access it via the internet.
If you go to your appointment without a referral, you may be asked to reschedule your appointment; Make sure you have all your paperwork in order before you go see your specialist.